Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments provide non-surgical options for improvement of imperfections on the skin’s surface. At our office, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Lisa Bootstaylor & Dr. Kaila, provides advanced skin rejuvenation treatments for residents of Buckhead, Atlanta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, and nearby communities in Georgia.
What is Skin Rejuvenation and Resurfacing?
Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing may include any number of procedures that remove the outer layer of skin, taking with it surface damage, such as spots, scars, wrinkles, or other imperfections.
Why consider Skin Rejuvenation?
Sun damage, skin disorders such as acne, the aging process, and even genetic conditions may contribute to skin damage and imperfections on the face and body. These may include wrinkles and acne scars, freckles and sunspots, or visible blood vessels. In addition, your skin may feel less firm and smooth, and cellulite may develop on certain areas of the body. Skin rejuvenation treatments may restore your skin’s youthful glow, while removing imperfections from the surface layers of the skin.
What can Skin Rejuvenation achieve?
Conditions that can be improved with skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments include the following:
- Static wrinkles: wrinkles that are always visible and do not change in appearance with facial movements
- Dynamic wrinkles: expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving and may deepen and appear more pronounced with facial movements
- Pigmentation: freckles, sun spots, or other patches of discoloration in the skin resulting mainly from excessive sun exposure
- Scars: scars resulting from acne or injury to the skin
- Vascular conditions: visible blood vessels on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters, or a constant flush of facial redness
- Loss of skin tone: laxity in the skin’s supportive structures that result in a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite
Who is a good candidate for Skin Rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing is ideal for those candidates who:
- Are physically in good health
- Don’t smoke
- Maintain a positive outlook and have realistic aesthetic goals
What types of treatments are used for Skin Rejuvenation?
At Atlanta APC Plastic Surgery we provide several options for skin rejuvenation treatments, depending on your specific skin type and condition. Available treatments include the following:
- Chemical Peels
A series of treatments may be required in order to achieve improvement in skin clarity and texture, and follow-up treatments will be required in order to maintain results.
Our office is committed to helping patients look and feel their best. Using the latest and most advanced technology in the cosmetic field, our team provides safe and effective skin rejuvenation treatments. Our practice caters to residents of Atlanta, Buckhead, Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, and neighboring communities in Georgia. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!