Wouldn’t it be great to eliminate those love handles and body bulges that detract from a sleek appearance in your favorite clothing? Body contouring procedures may provide the solution you’re looking for. Dr. Lisa Bootstaylor offers body contouring procedures for residents of the metro Atlanta area and surrounding communities in Georgia.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring, also known as body sculpting, refers to any of a number of procedures that produce a tighter, more trim body contour by reducing bulges and fatty deposits while tightening muscle tissue and skin. Body contouring procedures may be performed on almost any area of the body, and they may be combined for a more total makeover.
What Body Contouring procedures do you offer?
Atlanta APC Plastic Surgery provides several types of body contouring procedures for our Georgia patients. These may be performed as stand-alone treatments, or combined to obtain a more comprehensive makeover.
- Liposuction is commonly used on different areas of the body to extract excess fatty deposits using a vacuum suction process.
- Tummy Tuck
- Tummy tuck surgery tightens the abdominal region, eliminates belly fat, and creates a more toned and defined waistline.
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- The famous Brazilian butt lift is designed to lift and add volume to a flat or underdeveloped derrière, enhancing your overall figure.
- Labiaplasty is a delicate procedure that reduces excess skin in the labia minora, performed with precision and care by our all-female team of specialists.
- Mommy Makeover
- The Mommy Makeover is a personalized combination of various body contouring procedures that help to restore tightness in the body’s skin and muscle after pregnancy or dramatic weight loss.
- Fat Transfer and injections
- Fat transfer and injections move stubborn fatty deposits in areas such as the abdomen, hips, and thighs, to areas such as breasts or buttocks where you want to increase volume and fullness.
- Body Lift
- A body lift surgically tightens muscles and skin in abdomen and torso.
- Thigh Lift
- A thigh lift tightens the thighs and can also be performed to achieve a “thigh gap”.
- Arm Lift
- An arm lift tightens the upper arms to achieve a more youthful contour.
- Post-Weight Loss Contouring
- After massive weight loss, a body contouring procedure is essential to tighten loose skin around a new, slimmer body.
What can Body Contouring achieve?
The goal of body contouring is to extract excess fat accumulated in such problem areas as the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arms, back, and pubic area. Body contouring achieves firmness and improved muscle and skin tone that smoothes your shape and helps your clothes fit and look better. Love handles, unsightly bulges around the bra line and bumps at the hips and thighs are all treated by contouring procedures that produce a more toned and sleek appearance. Excess skin may also be eliminated in some cases, toning and rejuvenating the body and boosting confidence and self-esteem.
Dr. Bootstaylor performs surgical procedures at Emory University Hospital Midtown and Northside Hospital.
Who should consider Body Contouring treatments?
Body contouring works best on healthy adult individuals who normally maintain a stable weight that is pretty close to their ideal weight and lead an active lifestyle and healthy diet but who still have stubborn fatty bulges clinging to problem areas.
Will Body Contouring help me lose weight?
Body contouring treatments are not designed as weight loss treatments, and anyone who is in the process of losing weight is encouraged to hold off on body contouring until they are within 25 pounds of their goal weight. Although they don’t reduce your weight by much, body contouring does produce loss of inches in many patients because the treatments slim and tone the muscle and skin to cling more tightly to the body.
If you’re curious about the different types of body contouring procedures we provide, contact us at our comfortable cosmetic and reconstructive surgery office, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Lisa Bootstaylor. Our practice emphasizes total wellness and natural-looking results. Our office is most convenient for residents of metro Atlanta and surrounding communities in Georgia.